Done in 3 ways:(A) RPD: Made of acrylic. It has to be worn in day time and to be kept in water when not in use.
- Fast to fabricate
- Not always comfortable in use
- At times smells
- Need to be remade after a period of time
(B) Bridge: It’s more of a fixed type of replacement where patient can’t take it out from mouth by him/herself. Can be made in metal (Ni-Cr) or in Ceramic (PFM, E-max, Zirconia)
- Considerably economical than implants
- Fast in fabrication
- Can be done only if there are strong teeth on both sides to take support from.
- Healthy teeth gets affected in order to make a bridge.